Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Smoothie

I love St. Patrick's Day. Really, I do. But having it come right after 2 trips out of town and during a little bit of blogging burnout didn't do it any favors at my house this year.

Here's me and hubby living it up in Las Vegas. That was seriously the view from our hotel. We've gone four times now and usually all we see from our window is the back of some alley or a parking garage. This time we had the strip! In lights!

Anyway, we just got home yesterday, but I found I actually had the ingredients in my fridge to make a little smoothie! Warm weather and too much fast food while traveling have made this girl want to drop a few pounds lately, so I made this one extra healthy.

3/4 c. pineapple juice
1/2 c. ice
1/3 c. orange juice
1/4 c. cut up carrots
1/2 banana
3-4 drops of green food coloring

Blend it all up until nice and frothy! (makes 1 serving)

Of course, if you have a little spinach, you can make it green the natural way.


I served mine up in a Butterbeer mug since it felt more Irish :)

My kids won't go near anything but chai tea lattes lately (seriously), so they wouldn't even try it, but they sure did look cute in their greenery!




Even though I'm out of sorts, I'll still be making my corned beef and cabbage tonight. How about you?
Happy St. Patty's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the butterbeer mug!!! :)

    I made corned beef & cabbage too, even though my kids were gone to the lake and my hubby wouldn't touch it with a 30 foot pole, lol. I had the leftovers like 3 times. :) But I LOVE it, it is one of my favorite meals.

    So glad you & Scott got to get away and have a great time in Vegas!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...