Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recycled Thread Board


I've been pretty excited about this project for awhile! I bought this (below) frame at Goodwill back in January. It originally had something similar to a foam ceiling tile in it, but I chucked it before I took a picture.


I could just see the potential. Everything has potential at $1.50, right? Anyway, hubby cut me a rectangle of pegboard to fit...then I let it sit for a couple of months. Two vacations and a little burn out later, I finished it! Better late than never, right?

I used my trusty glue gun...


to glue in some wooden dowels I cut up. I couldn't find any pegboard accessories that actually fit the thread hole, so I just bought a very small dowel and cut it in 4 inch sections. Hot glue secured them just fine.


After a bit of paint and some ribbon, I got a great thread board at a great price!


I love that it has room to put my thread and coordinating bobbin on each dowel.


I don't have a large craft area, but I'm working with what I got!


I will be linking up to these great parties!

13 comments:

  1. I'm jealous, mine are in a huge pile in a drawer. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute thread board! I love how your bobbins fit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really envious of this super large thread board - isn't it nice to see your supplies in one look?

    visiting via the weekend wrap up

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea. Way better then store bought I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea. I can use it for all my ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible job! What a wonderfully colorful way to organize your space.


    Please drop by our blog to enter a giveaway for six antique blue mason jars at www.theoldblockhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome love it and its new use come visit me over at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is awesome! My threads are all shoved in a cardboard box....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic!!! I'd love for you to link up at Wow Me Wednesdays!

    http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/04/wow-me-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of putting the bobbin with the thread, GENIUS

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like one of those ugly calendar frames you see everywhere in December! I'll have to keep my eye out for one of those at our GW! I have a nice little plastic thread box right now, but I hate it, and it doesn't look pretty sitting out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...