Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bow Bag {AKA Another Anthro Rip-Off}


This is another copy of a copy. The original is from Anthropologie and retails for $498.00! However, Leslie from The Little Apple Seed made a great pattern for a cute knock-off:



And the best part about making it yourself? (Besides not spending $498.00?) You can customize your pockets! I like having a velcroed pocket for my lady stuff:


And I made a special one for my phone, lipsticks, a pen and other incidentals:



I really like this bag, but I made it from linen, which doesn't give it much shape. I'm considering going back and ripping up a little so that I can put in some interfacing to make some of it a little stiffer. All in all, Leslie did a great job making a pattern for this. I LOVE her idea for faux piping!

I will be linking up to these great parties!


7 comments:

  1. Very cute, I really love the plaid you picked to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! Those are adorable. I love that big bow on the front. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You did a great job, and I love the fabric you picked! I'm glad the pattern worked out!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bag is super cute!! Don't you just love making something cute and saving all that money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! i like yours better than the Anthro one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...