Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sponsor Review: Become.com--Shopping Your Way

If I'm not making a gift for someone, I'm usually shopping online for it. Who really wants to schlep from store to store with two restless kids in tow? Mine are almost always weaving in and out of the clothing racks, trying to play peek-a-boo with each other, making me laugh, but also driving me a little bit nuts.

I want to let you all in on a new website I've found that carries just about everything, especially some great presents for children. Because we all know that shopping in a toy store for other kids WITH your kids is really the worst, right?

Become.com sells everything from organic shampoo to paper towel holders to entry-way benches. But what really hooked me in were these adorable puppet theaters.

I've seen puppet theaters before but instantly nixed the idea of owning one because of the size. This one fits right in the doorway! You can just take it down and pack it away when the kids are finished playing. It would be a great child's birthday present. I always try to consider what the mother would want her kid to receive, and I think that this would certainly be approved. Think of the hours of playtime it will provide and it can be easily stowed when they are all done!
 
Another gift that I think would be mom-approved are these mini-play cubes. You are probably used to them keeping your kids busy in dentist offices, but did you know you can buy one for your own home? Cute, compact, and brain-building! Even better than that, NOTHING TO CLEAN UP. I love brain-boosting activities like puzzles, but my children leave the puzzle pieces EVERYWHERE. My mother-in-law is a teacher and she's always talking up the tracking abilities that these cubes provide.
 
Last but not least, how about something for you? If you visit my blog often, you know I like to quilt. Before I started I was really intimidated by it, but once I learned the basics and practiced a little, I found there really wasn't anything to be scared of. If you are interested in quilting as well, Become sells some great quilt blocks to get you started. These are pre-made blocks that you can easily sew together and quilt yourself. I think they would help any beginner (or not-so-beginner that is just looking for a cute pattern) get started.
 
Whether you are a mom, a quilter or neither, I think you'll find what you're looking for at Become. Click on over and check it out!
 
P.S. Don't forgot to look in their coupon section!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, your link disappeared on my site. I didn't know if you had taken it down or if it was a glitch with inlinkz. Either way, I didn't want you think I deleted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching 55! Very exciting!
    Thanks for the visit today.
    Cheers!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...