Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fun With Fabric: No-Sew Pennant

Do you ever find a fabric that you want to cuddle up and fall asleep with? Sometimes I find such a great pattern that I just stare at it, run my fingers over it and fold and re-fold it until I realize how crazy I look.

That's pretty much sums up my obsession with Holly Holderman's Dolly Dresses for Lakehouse Fabrics line.

My husband is a very kind man, but I'm sure he would put his foot down if I attempted to decorate our bedroom with such girly-ness. Luckily, I have a daughter! This fabric is PERFECT for her room. I plan on starting a quilt for her new "big-girl" bed soon. But for the time being, I made a no-sew pennant:


Instead of binding or fabric, I used lace to string my flags together:


I used a bit of the fabric to dress up a picture frame in her room too. Rose prints make me drool:

I thought of writing up an entire tutorial for the pennant, but it was so drop-dead simple there really isn't any point. All you need is:
-A few scraps of beautiful fabric (maybe an 1/8 yard of each)
-Lace trim from the fabric store
-Heat N Bond tape

I even made my own stencil for the bunting out of a scrap of cardboard:


Cut out your flags, pin them where you want on the lace, add the bonding tape, iron and you're done! Very easy, and I have a ton of fabric left over. Can't wait to use it!

I'll be linking up to these great parties!

7 comments:

  1. sweet! You're too talented. See you tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. The lace is so pretty. Saw your post over at BCD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fabrics! Thanks for linking this @ trendy pockets! trendypockets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love how you used lace to put banners together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used lace to string the pennants together! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...